Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Getting in the "zone"!

I am short on time the last couple of days. DH is gone again on business so I'm left to manage my crazy food urges in the secrecy of my home. I'm so proud of myself actually because although there is the temptation to order pizza at 6:30 when I'm tired from running all day, I have resisted! Hooray for small (yes, very small) victories!

I got the gym two days in a row and typing is almost painful right now so I know I'm working hard. I'm booked to go again tomorrow even if just for a light workout and walking on the treadmill. I just want to establish an easy routine that I can put my mind on cruise every morning and our routine is already in place. So far so good! I'm loving the new gym although the different equipment and space will take a week or so to get used to.

On the eating front I've been so frustrated that although I have clean choices, I'm not choosing them. I keep making menues but find some reason not to follow it. So, I have returned to my "old faithful" - the way I learned to eat clean and get away from sugar and wheat - The Zone. Although I'm mindful that the calories for women are about 1,200, I supplement with more protein and a shake after working out. I lost all my baby weight both times in about 3 to 4 months following the Zone rules and I really like it. I find it flexable and easy to fit into my life. I'm feeling much more in control and motivated so I figure whatever works is great.

How is your week?

1 comment:

Scrumpy said...

It sounds like you're making some great choices! Believe me, getting over the pizza urge is huge in my book. And the gym routine will definitely pay off. Have a great weekend!