TGI Wednesday! I love Wednesday because it is my yoga day. I look forward to it all week and even if I'm completely ignoring my body's need for exercise, I do yoga. After 3 years I must say I wish I was better at yoga but that isn't the point, I know. Sometimes I think it does more for my mind than anything so in the end, if I never get my head on the floor, oh well.
I read Scrumpy's Baker today and it really got me thinking about why I sabotage myself. I sometime think I deny I even do it but hell, we all do! My mirror is proof I do. I lost my momentum while on vacation with my hubby and kids visiting his family. They couldn't get why I cared what I put in my mouth. Why organic? Why not McYucks? Why exercise every day? Why not dessert at every meal? So after being watched and questioned I stopped explaining and just gave in to their madness! I was furious with myself for letting them weaken my resolve but they weren't proud of me or encouraging - just the opposite. So instead of sticking to it and simply doing what I knew to be right, I allowed them to pressure me. Now, reading this it sounds sad really - what, am I 5 and can't stick up for myself? Next time, I go in with a plan of action and instead of justifying myself, I need to just be me. Ah, wisdom, that sneaking snake!
Tonight for supper is Turkey cranberry sausage (delicious!) brown rice and veggies. I work till 11:30 pm so I think a latte may be in order tonight.
Did you eat well today too? Good work...
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Holly! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and shout out. I love the name of your blog, are you an Audrey Hepburn fan too?
It is sad but true that so many of our loved ones want us to just be like them so they don't have to face their own health issues. I have caved in so many time, mostly because the things they're telling me are the things I'm already battling in my head. I do want that piece of pie! And if they're telling me I should have it, I will.
Of course, then only we have to deal with the guilt. But I think yoga today sounds like a great way to re-set yourself and thank your body for all of the great things it does for you.
Just had to say hi back. You are my first chat on my blog... how fun!
I laughed at my blog name but I was actually named after Holly Golightly - my mom's favorite movie. I figured if I can "Get Lightly" it would fit all the better!
Thanks for your words of experience too! :-)
Post a Comment